Saturday, April 14, 2012

The earnest lover, talkative girl, the crazy cab driver and me (just can't think of an adjective for myself)....

It's Saturday... I was done with my work. A couple more monitorings than required to make up the weekly accomplishment. Spent a few minutes at Ashu's desk and then started off after signing off from the comp at my desk. As only 5 minutes were left to catch the cab went by lift to the parking lot. Little amazed to see my name in the route list of Bannerghatta. Though one can go through Garvebhavi palya to Bannerghatta, it's still unusual routing plan. By the time I found the cab for my place, the earnest lover(Romeo) was at the front seat and the talkative girl was at the back seat. I sat at the right side of the back seat. The cab driver didn't seem happy to see me boarding the cab. Once the cab left company premises the driver increased the FM volume. Some Kannada song was playing. That didn't discourage the girl's enthusiasm to ask questions and keep the conversation live with the Romeo. She asked about Romeo's girl friend and as if he was expecting the question started speaking out all the details, how they proposed, how's she. Though this girl was shouting to make the questions clear to Romeo, the cab driver didn't seem to care. He didn't reduce the volume. I was trying hard not to listen to their conversation. What does a blank SMS mean to you.... For people like Romeo it does mean a lot. Honestly, yaar, I was impressed by the explanation. Blank SMS was to indicate that without Romeo his Juliet was feeling the world to be empty. Damn good, isn't it. Girl asked about the valentine day. Romeo said everyday is valentine day for them and they do exchange some sort of gifts every day. On way to my place we noticed a procession going. That seemed to be something religious and regional the girl asked me. What's it. I explained it's Vishu, malayali people's festival. By hearing this Romeo started explaining about Vishu, because Juliet is a Malayali. After that I got at my place and guided the cab driver the way to reach the next point in order to reach the next drop point. Driver was not very sure of the route and I was also not very sure of the route. I asked him to check with transport and left the cab. Not very interesting... yeah I know. Anyway, if you are my colleague don't ask for the trip sheet in transport.

No comments: